Dear Students and PostDocs,
We are a group of student representatives from the Bio- & Pharmazentrum, the FMI, and ETHZ’s D-BSSE, and from student initiatives such as the Graduate Consulting Club and D-BSSE meets Industry. We would like to welcome you at our 2nd “All Institutes‘ Career Event”, which is organized in order to strengthen the Basel life science community, facilitate new connections and to provide you with an insight regarding possible career paths outside academia.
The event will start off with short presentations (around 10min) from all our speakers. This introduction is aimed to give attendees information on:
- Their background (what journey did lead them to where they are now)
- Their current role (tasks and responsibilities, short industry overview)
- Their advice to Master/PhD students/Postdocs who are aiming for this role or are interested in joining the company
These short presentations will be followed by roundtable discussions in order to facilitate a more in-depth and original exchange. Beforehand, we shall provide you CV/LinkedIn profile of the speakers, so that you can prepare for a productive discussion.
Finally the event will close with an informal networking apéro for all participants.
The event will take place on 24th May 2018 from 17:00 to 20:00 at the Friedrich Miescher Institute (Maulbeerstrasse 66, 4058 Basel, auditorium 5.30).
We believe that this event will grant you invaluable insight into career possibilities and provide an opportunity to foster new connections, as well as strengthening the network between different Basel-based institutes.
Please register until 21st of May on the following link
The number of places is limited!
TUTORATE VON STUDIERENDEN FÜR STUDIERENDE
Gut gerüstet durch den Uni-Alltag! Nur, wie? Zur Vorbeugung von schlaflosen Lernnächten, schweisstreibenden Schreibmarathons und allgemeinen Motivationslöchern präsentieren wir Dir verschiedene nützliche Strategien und Techniken.
In unseren bewährten Tutoraten wird es Dir möglich sein, im Austausch mit anderen Studierenden zu stehen, und gleichzeitig werden Dir die gängigsten Tipps und Tricks mit auf den Weg gegeben, um den Uni-Alltag ausgeglichen leben zu können.
Weitere Informationen findest du auf der Webseite:
Every two years DSM holds a technical business course for international top talent called MATCH! This program is an unique opportunity for master and PhD students who will graduate in 2018 to visit some of DSM’s major sites in Europe and learn about their business; with the possibility of getting a job offer at the end of the week. The program will take place from June 17 to June 22, 2018.https://www.dsm.com/corporate/careers/match-2018.html
We are excited to bring you an information session about this course with previous MATCH! participants and current DSM employees. There will also be time for Q&A and lunch will be provided by DSM.
This information session will be held on Monday the 9th of April, 12:15 – 13:15 in Kleiner Hörsaal PC 4.04.
To find out more about DSM and their MATCH! course, please sign up to the following doodle by Thursday the 5th of April – so that we have enough food for everyone: https://doodle.com/poll/8umnbktzxcm58nz4
6th – 17th August 2018
University of Jyväskylä
The 28th Jyväskylä Summer School offers courses for advanced Master’s students, PhD students, and post-docs in various fields of Science and Information Technology. Students from all over the world are encouraged to apply and benefit from the high-quality interdisciplinary teaching of the Summer School. Jyväskylä Summer School provides students with an excellent opportunity to participate in a large number of courses and enjoy high-quality teaching by respected researchers from all over the world. The language of instruction is English in all Summer School courses.
A total of 22 courses are offered in the following subjects:
- Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computational Sciences
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems
Students are welcome to participate in the following courses:
- BIO1: Designing Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
- BIO2: Bioinformatics for Microbial Ecologists – Sequence Processing Made Easy
- CH1: Rearrangement Reactions in Syntheses
- CH2: The Role of Non-covalent Interactions in Solid-state Properties of Materials
- PH1: Radiation Interactions in Electronic Materials
- PH2: Challenges and Radiation Performance of Advanced and Emerging CMOS Technologies
- PH3: Introduction to Parton Distributions in Perturbative QCD
- PH4: Light Cone Perturbation Theory and Small-x QCD
- MA1: Recent Progress in Regularity Theory
- MA2: Quantitative Stochastic Homogenization
- MA3: On Recent Developments on Markov Processes and Applications
- STAT1: Penalized and Bayesian Models for Variable Selection in Linear Regression: Inference, Model Averaging, and Prediction
- NANO1/PH5: Optomechanics in the Quantum Regime
- NANO2: Nanophotonics: Fluorescence and Plasmon Controlled Fluorescence
- COM1: Variational Models and Fast Numerical Schemes in Image Processing and Computer Vision
- COM2: Data Analytics + Machine Learning + Optimization
- COM3: Numerical Analysis of PDEs – History, Overview of Methods, and Recent Advantages
- COM4: Introduction to Cryptography and Security
- COG1: Design Thinking, Cognition and Beyond
- COG2: Emerging Technologies for Inclusive and Accessible Design – AI, Sensors, IoT, and Multimodal Interfaces
- CYB1: Introduction to Hybrid Threats and Comprehensive Security
- IS1: Digital Strategies in Global Markets
Participation in the courses is free of charge, but students are expected to cover their own costs, including travel, accommodation and meals.
Am Freitag – 16.03.2018 – trifft sich die Nano Alumni zum nächsten Local Meeting in Basel.
Ab 19:00 treffen wir uns im Bierrevier, Markthalle Steinentorberg 20, 4051 Basel.
Ihr seid herzlich eingeladen, ebenfalls ans Local Meeting der Alumni Nano zu kommen und euch unter die Alumni zu mischen.
Das Biozentrum bietet Bachelor-Studierenden der Naturwissenschaften ab Sommer 2018 ein neues Sommer-Forschungspraktikum an, den «Biozentrum Research Summer». Details zum Programm entnehmen Sie bitte dem nachfolgenden Link: