Every two years DSM holds a technical business course for international top talent called MATCH! This program is an unique opportunity for master and PhD students who will graduate in 2018 to visit some of DSM’s major sites in Europe and learn about their business; with the possibility of getting a job offer at the end of the week. The program will take place from June 17 to June 22, 2018.https://www.dsm.com/corporate/careers/match-2018.html
We are excited to bring you an information session about this course with previous MATCH! participants and current DSM employees. There will also be time for Q&A and lunch will be provided by DSM.
This information session will be held on Monday the 9th of April, 12:15 – 13:15 in Kleiner Hörsaal PC 4.04.
To find out more about DSM and their MATCH! course, please sign up to the following doodle by Thursday the 5th of April – so that we have enough food for everyone: https://doodle.com/poll/8umnbktzxcm58nz4
6th – 17th August 2018
University of Jyväskylä
The 28th Jyväskylä Summer School offers courses for advanced Master’s students, PhD students, and post-docs in various fields of Science and Information Technology. Students from all over the world are encouraged to apply and benefit from the high-quality interdisciplinary teaching of the Summer School. Jyväskylä Summer School provides students with an excellent opportunity to participate in a large number of courses and enjoy high-quality teaching by respected researchers from all over the world. The language of instruction is English in all Summer School courses.
A total of 22 courses are offered in the following subjects:
- Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computational Sciences
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems
Students are welcome to participate in the following courses:
- BIO1: Designing Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
- BIO2: Bioinformatics for Microbial Ecologists – Sequence Processing Made Easy
- CH1: Rearrangement Reactions in Syntheses
- CH2: The Role of Non-covalent Interactions in Solid-state Properties of Materials
- PH1: Radiation Interactions in Electronic Materials
- PH2: Challenges and Radiation Performance of Advanced and Emerging CMOS Technologies
- PH3: Introduction to Parton Distributions in Perturbative QCD
- PH4: Light Cone Perturbation Theory and Small-x QCD
- MA1: Recent Progress in Regularity Theory
- MA2: Quantitative Stochastic Homogenization
- MA3: On Recent Developments on Markov Processes and Applications
- STAT1: Penalized and Bayesian Models for Variable Selection in Linear Regression: Inference, Model Averaging, and Prediction
- NANO1/PH5: Optomechanics in the Quantum Regime
- NANO2: Nanophotonics: Fluorescence and Plasmon Controlled Fluorescence
- COM1: Variational Models and Fast Numerical Schemes in Image Processing and Computer Vision
- COM2: Data Analytics + Machine Learning + Optimization
- COM3: Numerical Analysis of PDEs – History, Overview of Methods, and Recent Advantages
- COM4: Introduction to Cryptography and Security
- COG1: Design Thinking, Cognition and Beyond
- COG2: Emerging Technologies for Inclusive and Accessible Design – AI, Sensors, IoT, and Multimodal Interfaces
- CYB1: Introduction to Hybrid Threats and Comprehensive Security
- IS1: Digital Strategies in Global Markets
Participation in the courses is free of charge, but students are expected to cover their own costs, including travel, accommodation and meals.
Am Freitag – 16.03.2018 – trifft sich die Nano Alumni zum nächsten Local Meeting in Basel.
Ab 19:00 treffen wir uns im Bierrevier, Markthalle Steinentorberg 20, 4051 Basel.
Ihr seid herzlich eingeladen, ebenfalls ans Local Meeting der Alumni Nano zu kommen und euch unter die Alumni zu mischen.
Das Biozentrum bietet Bachelor-Studierenden der Naturwissenschaften ab Sommer 2018 ein neues Sommer-Forschungspraktikum an, den «Biozentrum Research Summer». Details zum Programm entnehmen Sie bitte dem nachfolgenden Link:
Flyer AMI INFORMATION SESSION
The AMI is organizing this Friday, January 19th at the Pavillon Vert de Fribourg (Campus de Pérolles) our first information session on our new Master in Chemistry and Physics of Soft Materials.
The aim is to answer students’ questions among the ones who would like to undertake an interdisciplinary master’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Engineering, Sciences of the Materials and to illustrate all the characteristics of this Master.